Privacy Notice for Naughton Braun Pearl Jewelry
Owner and Data Controller
This is the privacy notice of Naughton Braun LLC. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to Naughton Braun LLC.
We are company number 1469488 registered in the State of North Carolina, United States.
Owner Contact email: HiPretty@naughtonbraun.com
Address: 8220 Sherrills Ford Road, Box 22, Sherrills Ford, NC 28673
Phone Number (USA): (980) 257 - 9220
- This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our Website/Social Media sites immediately.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our Website/Social Media sites are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our Website.
The bases on which we process information about you:
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant, then we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law, we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
1. Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you create an account on our Website/Social Media sites, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
To carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with our services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our Website
- offer to send you emailed newsletters, announcements, birthday gifts, general informative emails, discount coupons all of which are free and which place no burden or response from the recipient (NOTE: all Naughton Braun emails include a link at the bottom to unsubscribe)
- offer you a sign-up option for emails include a double opt-in and all Naughton Braun emails include a link at the bottom to unsubscribe
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract:
Direct registration (making an account) on the Naughton Braun Website collects personal data: email address, first name, last name, street address (mailing), and password. The phone number is optional. For those entities purchasing Wholesale from Naughton Braun, additional information is required, including but not limited to the business sales tax ID number, full business name, contact person, address, email, phone number, and best time to contact.
Please note that at Naughton Braun an email address is required to make a purchase.
Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
2. Information we process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our Website/Social Media sites or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including collaboration opportunities and our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
“The cookie settings on this Website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best experience. This Website uses both its own and third-party cookies to gather statistical information on your internet browsing and to show you advertising related to your preferences. By browsing this Website, it is understood that you agree to the use of these cookies. Please click "OK" to Accept Cookies and to continue to use the site.”
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on our Website/Social Media sites.
If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us HiPretty@naughtonbraun.com . However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our Website or our services further.
3. Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so.
Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having considered:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our business
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk
- protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
4. Information we process because we have a legal obligation
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorization such as a search warrant or court order.
This may include your personal information.
Specific uses of information you provide to us:
5. Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party
Our Website(s), including our sites on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram allows you to post information with a view to that information being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people.
- posting a comment on our blog
- tagging an image
- clicking on an icon next to another visitor’s message to convey your agreement, disagreement or thanks
· Access to the Facebook account
Permissions: About Me and Contact email
· Access to the Twitter account
· Access to the Instagram account
· Access to the Pinterest, LinkedIn accounts
· Mailing List or Newsletter
Personal Data: email address, first name and last name
In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it.
We do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared.
We do store it, and we reserve a right to use it in the future in any way we decide.
Once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for us to retain it, then at our discretion we may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting us at HiPretty@naughtonbraun.com .
6. Complaints regarding content on our Website or Social Media sites
We attempt to moderate user generated content, but we are not always able to do so as soon as that content is published.
If you complain about any of the content on our Website/Social Media sites, we shall investigate your complaint.
If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the content while we investigate.
Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgment as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content that offends you.
If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
7. Information relating to your method of payment
Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our Website/Social Media site or otherwise. Our employees and contractors never have access to it.
At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the Website of PayPal or some other reputable payment service provider. That page may be branded to look like a page on our Website/Social Media site, but it is not controlled by us.
8. Sending a message to our support team
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our Website/Social Media sites or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us to reply with the information you need.
We record your request and our reply to increase the efficiency of our business.
We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high-quality service.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us.
We use that information to resolve your complaint.
If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
10. Affiliate and business partner information, including Wholesale Partners
This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or as a business partner.
It allows us to recognize visitors that you have referred to us, and to credit to you commission due for such referrals. It also includes information that allows us to transfer commission to you.
The information is not used for any other purpose.
We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship.
We expect any affiliate or partner to agree to reciprocate this policy.
Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our Website/Social Media Sites
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your Web browser when you visit any Website. They allow information gathered on one Web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a Website to provide you with a personalized experience and the Website owner with statistics about how you use the Website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your Web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
- to track how you use our Website
- to record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our Website
- to keep you signed in our site
- to assist you with purchases and previous purchase history
Our Website uses first-party cookies (set by us) and third-party cookies (set by other organizations), as noted below.
These cookies are used to support basic functions on the site, including browsing content, logging in, entering email addresses, and commenting.
- PixelPop – pop-ups and email optin collectors
- MailChimp – optin email
- Google Shopping by Sales & Orders
These cookies are used to understand how you navigate our site, what content is interesting to you, and to show you ads and offers. Third-party providers include:
- Google+ +1 button and social widgets, Facebook Like button and social widgets, Instagram button and social widgets and Twitter Tweet button and social widgets -Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data
12. Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your Web browser to our servers for Web pages and other content on our Website are recorded.
We record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our Website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the Webpages on our Website and how we perform in providing content to you.
If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our Website.
13. Our use of re-marketing
Re-marketing involves placing a cookie on your computer when you browse our Website in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our products or services when you visit some other Website.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, check out http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page.
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms Web page.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
14. Information we obtain from third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services we use.
No such information is personally identifiable to you.
15. Third party advertising on our Website
Third parties may advertise on our Website. In doing so, those parties, their agents or other companies working for them may use technology that automatically collects information about you when their advertisement is displayed on our Website.
We do not have control over these technologies or the data that these parties obtain. Accordingly, this privacy notice does not cover the information practices of these third parties.
16. Credit reference
To assist in combating fraud, we share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given us the opportunity to refund their money.
17. Data may be processed outside the European Union
Our Website is hosted in the United States.
We may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of our business.
Accordingly, data obtained within the UK or any other country could be processed outside the European Union.
For example, some of the software our Website uses may have been developed in the United States of America or in Australia or in Germany.
Access to your own information
18. Access to your personal information
To obtain a copy of any information that we have about you, please send us a request at HiPretty@naughtonbraun.com .
After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information, and whether we require any fee for providing it to you.
19. Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our Website, you may do so by contacting us at HiPretty@naughtonbraun.com .
This may limit the service we can provide to you.
20. Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit, or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
21. Use of site by children
We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
If you are under 18, you may use our Website only with consent from a parent or guardian
We collect data about all users of and visitors to these areas regardless of age, and we anticipate that some of those users and visitors will be children.
Such child users and visitors will inevitably visit other parts of the site and will be subject to whatever on-site marketing they find, wherever they visit.
22. Encryption of data sent between us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
23. How you can complain
If a dispute is not settled, then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
24. Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defense in court.
25. Compliance with the law
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our Website/Social Media sites.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our Website/Social Media sites on the day you use our Website/Social Media Sites. We advise you to print a copy for your records.
27. Is it safe to use my credit card?
Naughton Braun understands your concerns regarding Internet security. All Naughton Braun Commerce transactions and checkout, operating through Bigcommerce, are protected by Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL, which is used to encrypt information transferred including all of your personal information including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. SSL allows visitors to navigate a website and submit information through a secure connection. The Internet is as secure as using your credit card in a store or over the phone. Please contact your credit card issuer for additional information.
We do not share your credit card information with anyone other than the banks and processors required to process your transaction. It is our policy not to accept an order online unless you provide us an email address. By making an online purchase, you give us explicit permission to send you emails regarding the status of your order.
28. What does Naughton Braun do with the e-mail addresses and personal information I submit for online use?
Naughton Braun uses the e-mail addresses and social media profile information that we gather strictly for Naughton Braun marketing purposes, including our Pearl Ambassador program, and to send e-mails about upcoming specials and promotions. We do not sell the names that we gather to telemarketing or similar type companies.